Sunday 13 May 2007

We're on the road to nowhere


I guess this will only be of interest to absent North Devonians and Adam! They had one of those civic, round-table, jolly, charity, pay a quid to walk on a bridge you've already paid for ceremonies to open the new bridge. It isn't actually "open" not to traffic anyway. The Gazette said "up to 20,000" yes twenty thousand people were expected. Now, maybe that was enough to put off the other 19,800 or maybe it was the rain. For me it was the surf. Eventually we wandered round the corner at about 5pm and got on for free. A small victory but still a victory!
So that's the view from our bedroom window, landscaping to follow, the town fron the bridge, nut + tall = Nuttall. Very chirpy workers - must be on double-time! Finally they've built a marina, so we expect to see more yachts, tycoons and superstars than Noel Edmunds and Sally Gunnell in future.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Awesome photos Dave! You know I totally forgot about the bridge until Mum text me the other day to say it was somewhat of a washout.

I think my Dad was one of the ones collecting quids too.. Nevermind. Love the Nut-Tall photos!

Andy